- SIENNÁ is a DJ with the unique playlist consisting of Japanese intelligent electronica along with the finest selection of worldwide grooves.
- SIENNÁ is a songwriter.
- SIENNÁ is a live electronic artist (keyboards & vocals).
She is an awake-walking daydreamer, a blurry contrast of multiple styles, an illusionist of the vivid pastel sound, a contemporary traditionalist, and a beautiful reflection of the crossover of cultures we see in the modern world.
Currently living in Oslo (Norway) but raised in Kyoto (Japan). SIENNÁ´s ‘no rules’ approach to writing new avantgarde music as a songwriter, and to creating intelligent groovy music as a DJ is a beautiful reflection of the crossover of cultures we see in the modern world.
Dubbed as Björk, Yellow Magic Orchestra and Ryuichi Sakamoto these out there visionaries create ambient and warm sonic contrasts, mixing Electronica, House, Jazz and Trad/Comtemporary Japanese to become truely extraordinary. It´s the definition of groove-phenomena, audio-sex to the weird and wonderful.
SIENNÁ has been performing with her Norwegian band in Europe and in Asia over 8 years, touring with her synthsizer and DJ-controller. From the end of 2016, she is available as a DJ whose playlist filled with intelligent Japanese electronica music in addition to the finest selection of worldwide grooves. Her DJ-set is performed only in a impulsive manner - it´s all about mixing live witout any pre-programmed playlist, where her ‘no rules’ also applies.
Sienná DJ, Songwriter, Performer (programmings, keyboards & vocal)
- Started to perform as a DJ from December 2016
- Performed at Musikmesse in Frankfurt am Mein (Germany): April 2016
- Supported The Crazy World of Arthur Brown in Tunbridge Wells (UK): October 2014
- Performed at Jazz Boulevard Steglitz Festival in Berlin (Germany): August 2014
- Performed at Sommerøya Elektronika Festival in Oslo (Norway): June 2014
- Supported The Crazy World of Arthur Brown in Bridport and Totnes (UK): May 2014
- Performed at The Great Escape Festival for new music in Brighton (UK): May 2014
- Featured on Phonic FM Exeter, Radio Warwick, Dorset Community Radio, Forest FM, MTM Radio, BBC Devon, Radio Reverb Brighton, BBC Radio Bristol, BBC Radio Surrey & Sussex, BBC London, Wessex FM, Shorditch Radio: March-May 2014
- J-Popcon in Denmark: March 2014
- Weekend tour in Italy (Trieste and Milan): February 2014
- UK tour (London, Brighton, Andover): October 2013
- Performed at fokus Festival in Görlitz (Germany/Poland): September 2013
- UK Tour (Blackpool, Manchester, London, Brighton, Worthing): May-June 2013
- Featured on BBC London, BBC Radio Derby, BBC Radio York, BBC Bristol, BBC Radio Surrey, BBC Radio Essex, BBC Three Counties, BBC Radio Warwick, MTM Radio, Chord Blossom Podcast, Night Worker Podcast, 96.3 Radio Aire Leeds, High Peak Radio, Shorditch Radio, Chord Blossom Podcast: May-October 2013
- Featured on the ClickitTicket Music Blog Awards for electronica music (USA): October 2011
- Italian tour (Foggia, Cava De´Tirreni and Turin): September 2011
- Club tour in London (UK): February 2012, May 2011, June 2010 and November 2008
- Featured artist on Synthbeat.com: March 2011
- Teamed up with Coral Riff Management (Italy): March 2011
- No.1 on Sonic Universe / Soma FM's Top 30 by listeners: June 2009
- Featured artist on Womans Radio WRMusicreview.com: March 2009
- Performed at If Summer Ends Festival in Chorzow (Poland): March 2009
- Featured and pre-loaded artist on Philips Electronics. MP3 players and audio-devices on worldwide campaign for Philips MP3 product Go Gear in 2006
- Featured artist on ArtistDirect-ubl.com as the best and brightest artist on UBL.com: January 2006
- Received radio/podcast attention from: BBC6 Music Introducing (UK), Resonance 104.4FM (UK), WCVFFM (USA), CRMK 89.8FM (UK), NRK P2 and P3 (Norway) , XStream East Radio (UK), UK Jazzradio (UK) , BlackChannel (Germany), Sonic Universe (USA), WomensRadio (USA), Radio Bogart (Italy), Radio Sonar (UK), Citybeat 96.7/102.5 FM (IreLand) and more
As a leader:
- SIENNÁ / NEW RELEASE coming up (Album 2017)
- SIENNÁ / "I Know Why" (Single 2014)
- SIENNÁ / "Japonesque" (LP 2013)
- SIENNÁ / "Essence" (LP 2009)
- SIENNÁ / "A Pure Land" (LP 2008)
- SIENNÁ / "Ambience" (EP 2005)
As a sideman:
- Abòn / "This is New Music" (LP 2005)
- Nils Petter Molvaer (Norway) / remix
- Heat From A Deadstar (UK) / "Elusive Ways"
- The Gift Project (Italy) / "2 Cielo"
- Fred Di Crasto (France) / "Ombrearabe"
- Jian Masters (USA) / "You Can"
- Zeromancer (Norway) / Voice effects to the concert openings
- Hanaumi (Norway) / Japanese texts for "Fisherman's Net"